An interesting and intense collaboration has lead to a good result.
June 4th 2015, Dero B.V. was able to demonstrate their innovative cheese-slicing robot.
The controls of the robotic arm are based on the 3D scanned cheese-surface.
More specific, the 3D laser triangulation setup captures the whole top-surface of the cheese. The collected 3D point-cloud surface-data is processed by the Beltech-software and used for controlling the robotic cheese slicer.
In comparison to the conventional processes, we help the industry to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
Robot technology + 3D Vision
- No two cheeses are the same: 3d scanning provides a unique slicing-path for every single cheese
- Reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Demonstrator: 50 cheeses per hour (twice the human speed)
- Highly consistent process
- Slicing of cheeses in 3 positions
- Slicing of cheese in two sweeps
- What’s next:
- Commercial set-up 120+ cheeses per hour
- Now rectangular cheeses – future caron-model and round
- Handling of waste and anticontamination optimized
- Post-slicing quality can be inspected by the same vision system
- Total vision accuracy: < 1 mm
- Dero / Elten handling and robotics specialized in cheese industry
- Beltech & Dero – partnership in High-Tech Vision & Robotics solutions
- Dero has equipped the robot with sensing technology as well.